So, you’ve decided to have a themed or holiday wedding? Great! Not only are you creating a fun and unique environment for your guests, but you are also making your wedding stand out from the rest! No matter what type of themed or holiday wedding you are planning, follow these rules to help organize and plan for your big day:
- Decide where you are having your themed wedding. Location truly is key! For example, if you are having a beach themed wedding, plan on getting married by the shore! If you are having a harvest themed wedding consider an outdoor ceremony surrounded by nature in the countryside. Whether your event will be held indoors or outdoors, try to make sure the setting is cohesive with the theme you have chosen.
- Choose wedding colors or accent colors that will complement the holiday or theme. This can be done using flower arrangements, décor, and even the colors of the bridesmaids’ and groomsmen’s attire.
- Select décor that highlights the holiday or theme. For example, if you are planning a wedding to be centered around Christmas, consider decorating with angels or poinsettias. Tie the theme in with any and all tools you have! Décor may be the best way to communicate what your theme is, so take time on this one.
- Pick wedding invitations that showcase your special and unique day! Your invitations are your guests’ first impression; make sure they get a taste of your theme by showcasing it on your invites!
- Consider food and beverages that complement the holidays or your theme. For example, for a winter themed wedding, treat guests with hot chocolate or peppermint spiced cocktails!
Most importantly… Have fun planning for your wonderful and big day!
Fall is one of our favorite seasons! Leaves begin to change bringing warm hues into our natural surroundings and cooler temperatures have us transitioning from shorts to cardigans and cozy sweaters. If you are planning a Fall wedding, you may be wondering what kind of floral décor or arrangements you would like to have. You can find many flowers blooming all year round throughout the country, but to save on shipping and additional costs of having Spring and Summer flowers at your wedding, consider finding in-season Fall flowers to compliment the changing of seasons! Here is a selection of flowers that will add texture, vibrancy, and warmth to your wedding day!
- Gerber Daisy– These fun and bright colored flowers can be arranged in vases or used to add color and whimsy to a Fall center-piece.
- Protea– make this flower the highlight of your bridal bouquet! Protea’s are unique statements that add a sense of magnificence as well as elegance.
- Anemone– looking for a flower that really pops? Anemone’s have dark black centers that add definition to a fix of warm flowers.
- Rose– roses are still in bloom during the Fall season. These flowers are classic in any wedding bouquet arrangement.
- Carnation– these flowers come in a variety of colors and are inexpensive! Add an assortment of carnations to your wedding décor to add vibrancy and save money!
- Cockscomb– this flower is not as well-known as some of the others on this list, but if you are looking for texture and rich color, this flower is truly “The One”!
- Sunflower– the most famous of Fall flowers! Big, bright, happy- sunflowers glorify Fall and fun!
- Marigold– these warm-hued gold/orange beauties are full of texture and go well with any Fall themed flower arrangement.
- Dahlia – make these stunning flowers a part of your flower arrangement, décor, or centerpieces. Find them in red, yellow, purple, brown, white, orange, and pink!
Happy fall and happy wedding!