You have been planning and anticipating for many months and now your wedding day is finally here! You are excited to finally tie the knot, and even better…get to your honeymoon destination. If you are planning your trip soon after the wedding, here is a checklist to tackle before the festivities begin. Taking care of these items in advance will help make the traveling process smooth and stress free.
- Pack necessary travel documents in an easy to reach pocket of your bag.
- Have your luggage ready, to include all clothes and toiletries you will need on your trip.
- Plan a ride to the airport in advance that will be ready for your departure. If possible, have your travel items in the car prior to picking you up.
- Ask someone to help organize gifts and anything else left behind at the reception. You can plan to have these items waiting for you when you return home.
- Have a trusted person take your dress directly to the drycleaner for a later pickup.
- Have your wedding coordinator or friend save and freeze the top layer of your wedding cake to enjoy on your 1st wedding anniversary.
- Make sure any pets have a pre-arranged sitter, or drop them off to be boarded.
- Leave a housekey behind with a trusted friend or family member in case of emergency,
- Write down your travel itinerary and information for anyone who may need to reach you while you are away.
- Plan transportation for pick up upon your arrival back home.
If you have planned to leave for your honeymoon right away, we understand your excitement! Just be sure to allow yourself a window of time for the unexpected. If it is possible to give yourself a day to recover before travel, you may find the small break offers a little relief. But, with a little help from friends and the right preparation, you will be sailing off into the sunset with ease. Have fun!