There are many details to cover when planning a wedding. You meet vendors, budget, and organize until you feel like you have taken on an extra part-time job. Just keep in mind that after your perfect day is over, you get to relax on a much-needed vacation with your partner. The key word here is RELAX. Here is how to balance time away with the reality of life at home.
Set aside time. For some of us it may be easy to power off your cell phone and detach for a week or two. If you are one of those fortunate people, be grateful. If you have kids, a business, or family at home that make it difficult to go MIA just be sure you find a way to balance your time. Remember, the purpose of your honeymoon is to celebrate a new chapter with your spouse. Here are a few tips to help you stay engaged and keep your peace of mind:
1. Let your partner know in advance that you need to take a block of time on certain days to check in. If you disappear unannounced, they may feel neglected.
2. Honor the time you set aside and get back to your romantic getaway as quickly as you can. Make short phone calls and keep your business interactions efficient.
3. Put the phone, computer, or tablet aside and power it off when it is not in use so you can stay fully engaged during your honeymoon activities.
4. Give a trusted family member and friend your hotel information just in case they need to reach out in an emergency. This will give you peace of mind when you power off your electronics.
5. Keep the social media posting at a minimum. If you want to share photos, consider waiting until you return home.