Planning a wedding can seem overwhelming, there are many details to bring together. If the thought of making it all happen at the right time creates anxiety, here are a few tips to help keep you on the right track.
Lists, Lists, Lists
If you are a list lover, this is an easy step for you. If lists are not your thing, give it a shot anyway. The point is – wedding planning can be a lot to store in your head. Here are organizing pieces that are easier to maintain with a list.
- To do’s – A planning list on paper will help you see your tasks in order so you can check them off as you go.
- Vendor list – Create a list of vendors you need to visit with names, addresses, phone numbers, and emails. It is a good idea to keep your vendor’s contact information handy, even saved in your smartphone.
- Guest list – You will refer to your guest list for showers, pre-wedding parties, invitations, and thank you cards.
- Wedding musts and wishes – As you are planning, write down the MUST happen items for your wedding alongside your list of wishes. Rather than throwing everything in all at once, this will help you prioritize and keep your budget under control. Your wish list items can be included through the process once you determine how your finances align with your preparation.
Hire a Planner
If you have the funds in your budget to hire a wedding planner, DO. It will be well-worth the expense. This person can ease your load by taking on tasks and details for you. She understands the planning process from start to finish and is a great resource for top wedding vendors.
If there is something extra you want for your wedding, ask. Whether is it a vendor, your coordinator, the reception hall, or a helpful comrade; sometimes the answer is “yes” if you simply ask! Perhaps you can expect a simple “no” for special circumstances and become pleasantly surprised to hear that “yes” is a possibility.
Save a Paper Trail
Keep a folder with a copy of all agreements and contracts. Even take note of the verbal agreements and promises to be stored in this file. You never know when this will come in handy. Your records should back up your demands in a crunch.
If you are interested in more planning tips, here is a checklist you can follow.
If you are planning to tie the knot and celebrate in the comfort of your own home, this endeavor may not be as easy as you think. But, if your dream is to have an intimate backyard wedding, here are some things to consider.
Maximize Your Space:
- First, know how many guests you can comfortably accommodate and plan accordingly.
- If you do not have a large enough area for a sit-down meal, set high tables with stools in a variety of rooms and allow guests to roam freely.
- Remove furniture and make room to dance. This will help preserve your favorite couch and allow more room to celebrate! Be sure to leave some seating space for guests who need a break, or want to sit and mingle.
- Set aside an area for children to play. Include a few games or toys to keep the little ones entertained too!
- Rent a restroom trailer, especially if you are hosting outdoors. This will help minimize indoor foot traffic.
- Don’t forget Plan B! If you are using the great outdoors, use a tent to eliminate sun exposure or light rain. But, also prepare enough space inside just in case.
- Define your boundaries by locking doors to any rooms you want to keep private.
- Use a wedding coordinator to help with the planning. A professional can offer a fresh perspective for making the best use of space, as well as guiding you in food selection, music, and other important details.
- Hire a caterer. You have an important job as the bride and the host, so don’t overwhelm yourself by taking on food preparation too.
- Hire a cleaning service, before and after the event. This is another important task you don’t want to take on alone.
- Hire a handy man to help fix leaky faucets, shaky railings, or anything else you don’t want to interfere.
Warn your neighbors that you are hosting a large party, especially if guests will be parking on the street. You can also ask a local business if you can use or rent their parking lot. It is worthwhile to hire an attendant to help guide your guests and prevent blocked driveways, mailboxes, crosswalks, etc.
Depending on the size of your wedding, there may be additional insurance or permits you are required to purchase before your event. Check city, county, and neighborhood restrictions far enough in advance to assure you have the right documentation in place. You don’t want your wedding reception cut short because of a legal formality.
If you are willing to host the party on your special day, make sure you prepare early to avoid getting overwhelmed. If handled properly, you can create lasting memories in your very own intimate space!
Our winter celebrations have come and gone and before you know it the weather will start getting warmer, with spring events in full swing! Whether you are planning an outdoor wedding, a St. Patrick’s Day event, or even a community Easter Egg Hunt, there is much planning to be done – including plans for portable toilets or restroom trailers!
Follow our tips below to help you plan for your portable restroom needs.
- Start With The Number of People Expected
It is extremely important to determine the right ratio of bathroom to guests for your big event. You certainly don’t want to waste people’s time standing in lines while they could be having fun! It is also important to adjust your type of portable restroom to the specific event you will be having. The variations in portable restrooms can be suited towards your event, whether it be very casual or more elegant.
- Determine What Sort of Food and Beverages Will Be Served
If you are planning to have a 3-course meal or simply a popcorn stand, you will still want to be sure to have restrooms available for the attendees. Determining what type of food and especially what type of beverages will be consumed can factor into how many portable restrooms you will need. If there will be plenty of food and plenty of drinks (especially alcohol!) you may want consider renting more portable restrooms than you first estimated.
- Contact Our Team at Edmunds
Regardless of your portable restroom needs, our team at Edmunds will be able to assist you in your planning. Our staff is ready to answer your questions and to help ensure you have exactly what you need for your outdoor event.
By following these steps in planning for your spring event, you are ensuring your guests are comfortable and ready to have a great time. We, at Edmunds, are ready to help you plan the best event possible! Contact us today!