So, you’ve decided to have a themed or holiday wedding? Great! Not only are you creating a fun and unique environment for your guests, but you are also making your wedding stand out from the rest! No matter what type of themed or holiday wedding you are planning, follow these rules to help organize and plan for your big day:
- Decide where you are having your themed wedding. Location truly is key! For example, if you are having a beach themed wedding, plan on getting married by the shore! If you are having a harvest themed wedding consider an outdoor ceremony surrounded by nature in the countryside. Whether your event will be held indoors or outdoors, try to make sure the setting is cohesive with the theme you have chosen.
- Choose wedding colors or accent colors that will complement the holiday or theme. This can be done using flower arrangements, décor, and even the colors of the bridesmaids’ and groomsmen’s attire.
- Select décor that highlights the holiday or theme. For example, if you are planning a wedding to be centered around Christmas, consider decorating with angels or poinsettias. Tie the theme in with any and all tools you have! Décor may be the best way to communicate what your theme is, so take time on this one.
- Pick wedding invitations that showcase your special and unique day! Your invitations are your guests’ first impression; make sure they get a taste of your theme by showcasing it on your invites!
- Consider food and beverages that complement the holidays or your theme. For example, for a winter themed wedding, treat guests with hot chocolate or peppermint spiced cocktails!
Most importantly… Have fun planning for your wonderful and big day!